Tenth annual event seeking expert presentations on water rate setting, affordability programs, BIL funding, regulatory issues, more
The deadline to submit an abstract for the 2024 Water Finance Conference is this Friday, Feb. 16. Organizers are looking for speakers for its tenth annual event to be held Aug. 6-7 in Buford, Georgia, at The Water Tower Global Innovation Hub. Details below.
The Water Finance Conference is a two-day educational seminar convening executive-level utility professionals, including directors, CEOs, general managers, utility CFOs and city finance managers along with consultants, financial advisors, legal professionals and service providers involved in the financing of municipal water, wastewater and stormwater systems.
We are looking for case study or thought leadership presentations covering – but not limited to – the following topics as they relate to the funding of water, wastewater and stormwater projects.
- Rate Studies and Rate Setting
- Low-Income Affordability/Customer Affordability Programs
- IIJA/Bipartisan Infrastructure Law fund implementation
- Leveraging Clean/Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Funds
- Applying Federal Funding Locally
- Budgeting/Short or Long-term Financial Planning
- Regulatory Issues Affecting Water Projects – LCRR/LCRI, PFAS, etc.
- Forecasting Rates, Revenue
- Technology/Software for Financial Management
- Governance Issues
- Private Financing Options/P3s/Privatization
- Cash Reserves
- Other Federal Financing Mechanisms – WIFIA, etc.
- Cost Savings through Asset Management
- Integrated Regional Water Plans/Consolidation
These are for presentations only (no written papers). Please submit a 200-word abstract to Water Finance & Management Managing Editor Andrew Farr at email@example.com by close of business Feb. 16, 2024.
The Water Finance Conference Program Committee prioritizes presentation proposals from public (or investor-owned) water/wastewater system representatives. If you are a consultant, product or service provider, presentation proposals that include a utility representative as co-presenter are preferred.
The Water Finance Conference has been growing in popularity since its establishment. It is the only conference in the U.S. water utility sector that exclusively covers financing. Since 2015 the event has been hosted annually by the journal Water Finance & Management, published by Benjamin Media, Inc., in partnership with the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA).
The 2024 conference will be held Aug. 6-7 at The Water Tower Global Innovation Hub in Buford, Georgia – located about 45 miles from Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Additional conference details are available at waterfinanceconference.com.