Paid marketing may give you quick results, but if you want sustainable and long-term results, you should rely on organic marketing.
Organic marketing can be successful only when you do it right. Whether a B2B or a B2C organization, every organization must follow a protocol to achieve results through organic marketing. In the following section we will walk you through some proven tips and tactics to help you with B2B organic marketing.
Businesses are always looking for ways to attract more visitors. They want more users to visit their websites through organic search. While more traffic can be a good sign, more of the right traffic will convert users into B2B leads.
The beauty of organic marketing is that you appeal to users genuinely interested in your content, products, or services. B2B companies must know what their target audience is searching for online. With this information, they can generate content to earn more clicks to the website. Marketers can achieve this by using a combination of technical SEO and content marketing strategies.
Marketing Technology News: MarTech Interview with Mike Hicks, Chief Marketing Officer at Appspace
Here are the best B2B organic marketing practices that every modern B2B marketer should be aware of:
1. Create Target Personas
To kick start any marketing campaign – B2B or B2C, organic or paid, it is essential to understand your target personas. Irrespective of the type and size of your business, target personas should be the foundation of your marketing strategy. As a B2B marketer, you must know answers to questions like:
- What types of things are your customers searching for online?
- What questions do they ask?
- What kind of products and services will help their business grow?
- What kind of content topics are they looking for?
To find specific answers to these questions, here is what you can do:
- Start participating in a persona workshop where you can determine your primary target audience, their goals, their likes and dislikes, and what matters to them most.
- Use online platforms for Persona insights. These are platforms where users search for their search query.
2. Perform Comprehensive Target Research
Once you determine your target personas and the type of information they are looking for, you can try to be more specific with your search. Dive into the relevant categories and conduct research to figure out the exact keywords that you want to target. You need to check for keywords directly related to your products, services, and industry.
Focus on long-tail keywords as they are more valuable for your business.
3. Quality-Rich Content
Content remains at the forefront of your organic marketing strategy. After all, your audience reaches out to you through your content posted on the internet. So, once you identify the keywords your audience is searching for, you need to publish content that they find informative, educational, and engaging. We need not tell you that keyword-rich content elevates your overall SERP.
You need to strike a balance between the quality and quantity of your content.
4. Focus on Internal as well as an External Link-Building Strategy
A robust link-building strategy will go a long way and it will ensure that more people find you through organic search. Quality links are crucial for making sure that your target audience finds your content. You should go for:
- External link building: Trying to make other websites link to yours.
- Internal Link Building: Place links to websites in your content internally.
5. Page Optimization
Unquestionably, page optimization is too important for B2B businesses. Landing pages are a gateway to generating leads, and you need to make sure that they are fully optimized. Some tactics you can follow are:
- Creating eye-catching headlines.
- Focus your copy on benefits.
- A/B Testing if required.
- Always keep your website forms as brief as you can.
6. Leveraging Social Media
Undeniably, social media is a powerful tool for B2B businesses today. It is also effective in boosting your organic marketing efforts. Social media keeps your brand on top of customers’ minds and drive traffic to your website. Create unique on-brand posts promoting your business. Some techniques to use are:
- Decide on a specific social media platform and create social media posts that show up in organic search.
- The most popular social media platforms for B2B are LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Quora.
7. Improve page speed
Under no circumstances, should your site load slowly. To win customers in a B2B environment, your page should move at light-speed. It has been estimated that 53% of users will abandon a page if it takes more than three seconds to load.
Marketing Technology News: Unilog Partnership With ImpaqX Delivers eCommerce Success in the AD Community
Before we end here, we would like to mention that B2B lead generation takes time. Have patience and keep putting in consistent efforts, the results will follow soon.